Whilst Walton-on-Thames Charity is clearly part of the voluntary sector and its trustees are all volunteers, it does not have a history of working with volunteers in service delivery. As the Charity has begun the process of modernization it is developing opportunities for working with volunteers that are beneficial for both the Charity and the individual volunteers.
Walton-on-Thames Charity is committed to the following:
- The Charity will not introduce volunteers to replace paid staff.
- Volunteers will have a defined place in the structure of the organisation.
- Volunteers will be integrated and treated equally as part of the team.
- The Charity will recognise the individual skills each person brings to the organisation.
- The Charity will support and value volunteers through a comprehensive induction and ensuring they have a point of contact
- The Charity will encourage volunteers to develop and build on existing skills and knowledge through sharing good practice and training.
We are currently seeking volunteers to work with us in a range of capacities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or phone us on 0203 3280243
- Walton-on-Thames Charity seeks to recruit volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds that reflects the makeup of the local community
- Each potential volunteer will be invited for a meeting/ interview and be asked to complete an application form.
- Each person who volunteers for Walton-on-Thames Charity will be asked to provide two references and, where necessary, have a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check undertaken.
Volunteering is an activity that is undertaken as an act of free will, without concern for financial gain. At the same time, it is good practice for volunteers to be reimbursed for their out-of-pocket expenses.
- All volunteers will have their travel and other agreed expenses reimbursed.
- Volunteers must provide proof of expenditure and keep all receipts to be submitted with claims